The chat module contains some features to make chatting a little nicer.
- Any smiley faces (emoticons) that you can type elsewhere in Moodle can also be typed in here and they will be displayed correctly. For example, :-) =
- Internet addresses will be turned into links automatically.
- You can start a line with "/me" or ":" to emote. For example, if your name is Kim and you type ":laughs!" or "/me laughs!" then everyone will see "Kim laughs!"
- You can send a sound to other people by hitting the "beep" link next to their name. A useful shortcut to beep all the people in the chat at once is to type "beep all".
- If you know some HTML code, you can use it in your text to do things like insert images, play sounds or create different coloured and sized text.